JAPAN ART TRIP (8 days)
A trip for art fans. Starting from Tokyo, the itinerary takes you to superb art destinations in different parts of Japan.
- * Private guide and transfer in each destination
- * Five star accommodations (or the best category in the area)
- * The itineary can be customized. Please ask for quote for your itinerary.
|Days 1 & 2||TOKYO
From antiques to contemporary, great architectures, galleries and museums, Tokyo has all. Whether viewing or buying, you will never be bored!
- National Tokyo Museum: History of Japan’s art
It is not just hot spring and mountains. Hakone has many great museums that blend well with the beautiful landscapes.
- Hakone Open Air Museum: Over 100 pieces of masterworks displayed on the vast ground. Has a large Picasso collection, too.
|Days 4 & 5||KANAZAWA
The former castle city of a powerful feudal lord, Kanazawa is now designated UNESCO Creative City of Crafts and Folk Art.
- Traditional Handicrafts: See the artisans work, and experience it!
Gold leaf (pasting experience) / Kaga Yuzen (silk fabric dying experience) / Kaga Makie (lacquer work experience)
- 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art: The round glass museum houses outstanding works by local and international artists.
|Days 6 & 7||NAOSHIMA
Surrounded by beautiful Seto Inland Sea, this island has contemporary art and slow local life coexisting.
- Art House Project: Old town houses turned to artworks.
|Day 8||Going home....